3.8.07

in search of a decent 'pozole'

you know many people here at UNAM goes to that nasty, crowded, hideous, wannabe restaurant whose speciality is 'pozole', according to their own crappy publicity: "the original Guerrero recipe", right?
  well, the point is that today we had a breakthrough, a revelation you might say, and for the first time since voting where to eat on a friday started some years ago, "La Camelia" (one of my favorite restaurant/antro) won!.  wasn't easy, though, and i have to prepare because these guys are gonna try and take us back to the nasty pozole place, which i can't even remember its name, nasty place... AFAIK, the only marginally good thing there is their 'potato tacos', which kinda rule.
 anyway, guys i need your help, please! share with me the name, and address of decent pozole restaurants in Mexico City, extra points for places in the south part of the city. 

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, that place sucks and even though when I went it wasn't crowded, their pozole is tasteless and the place is ugly. I cannot understand why a lot of people from ciencias goes there, some even eat two or three pozoles!! The bad thing(or good for me) is that I only eat pozole at friend's houses, my house or my girlfriend's house but if I give you any of those addresses and you go exclusively to eat pozole, you'll get a not so good answer from them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, it is a sucky place. I was the very fist person that stated that remark. Actually, the most tasty thing in that place is the order of sardinas, which are regular canned ones :)

    Paquito, as usual, I will show you the light in my next visit to Mexico City. I will take you to this place near la Latino right in the downtown. This place is not nice, but it is tasty and cheap ;) They also serve birria, carnitas, suadero, tacos, and tortas. They only drawback that I can think about is that they do not have "chongous". ;)

    BTW, the pozole of Karla's mother is one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juanger: you're right, might not be the best way to introduce myself: "hi guys!, where's the pozole?"

    we'll have to be creative. ;-)

    Ivanx: it's a date!, although i might be more inclined to eat some suadero tacos, and one medium birria. So we might have to go a couple of times, just to get to the pozole.

    ReplyDelete